JBL ProPond Sterlet Small 3mm Pellets 1.5Kg
Click Image for Gallery
Sturgeons are very special fish. Their body shape indicates their way of life: They swim near the ground and use their barbels (chemosensor organ) to feel for small invertebrates, which they would eat in the wild. JBL ProPond Sterlet has been adapted to suit these eating habits, both in its composition (increased share of invertebrates) and in its sinking behaviour. Even if sturgeons can learn to feed at the water surface, this feeding behaviour doesn’t represent their natural behaviour and harbours the risk of excessive air swallowing. Sturgeons should always be fed with their own food because it has a dedicated composition and the sturgeons could hurt the koi’s mucous membrane with their bone plates when fighting for their food. In practice you can feed your goldfish and koi on the surface at a corner of the pond and your sturgeons with sinking sturgeon food at the other corner.
- Complete food with the right protein/fat ratio 3:1 in accordance with the NEO index which takes temperature, function, animal size and age into account
- With salmon, shrimp, octopus, spirulina and gammarus for a natural diet for sterlets (at 10-25 °C water temperature)
- Food size S (3 mm) 1.5kg for fish 10-30 cm
- Sinking pearls with 40 % protein, 12 % fat, 2 % crude fibre and 8 % crude ash
- Small food pearls in resealable bag (air, water and lightproof) for the preservation of quality
Composition & Additives
- wheat germs, salmon meal, wheat meal, shrimp meal, octopus meal, wheat gluten, gammarus, spirulina, rice meal, guar gum, green meal
- Vitamin A 25000 I. E.
- Vitamin D₃ 2000 I. E.
- Vitamin E 300 mg
- Vitamin C(stable) 200 mg